Pages

Monday, July 31, 2006

day four eightyone

Time keeps slippin away for the B-man. Summer is like that movie Groundhog Day, with each day pretty much like the rest, but for an undulating nap schedule. It's been really hot here, so we've been inside a lot. But there is a new show that I've really started to like, and miraculously, it is scheduled every day at just the point where my cabin fever is manifesting itself in raw agitation. It's called Baby Einstein. I don't know when it comes on at your house, but you should keep an eye out for it.

We do have a few pictures, though there haven't been any real pictureworthy events lately (but isn't life really lived between "events"?).

Here's me wearing the team gear while I watched Oscar Friere as he pipped Zabel at the line in yesterday's HEW Cyclassics Race in Hamburg:
















And for those of you who don't care about cycling, here is me eating beans:

















And if you find yourself with a few minutes free, give a listen to my favorite of the recent Fresh Air interviews, where you meet Darrell Scott and his dad.

1 comments:

the welches / הוולציס said...

B-
How cool is it that you dig Darryl Scott? I love that guy. My Dad plays me his "Aloha from Nashville" album from time to time....good stuff. I particularly enjoy that song where he spells all those words I don't understand yet.

Hey, tell your old man to go easy on the 'hot oil' up there in Georgetown...I hear that stuff can incinerate your palate but yet it is still quite addictive. As for me, I've managed to stick to breastmilk and puree bananas thus far.


-Lyd