Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2006

day fourseventyfour - Clairvoyance

So I was looking over the blog, rereading things I've read before, just like all of my loyal readers do when they are bored and yours truly hasn't been keeping the masses entertained with new posts. So I read over to the right that I can communicate with babies in utero. Well, that was all I needed to try to find out a little more about my coming sibling.

Here's basically how it works. I take the hat that mom knit a few weeks ago - see two or three posts down - and pull it down all the way over my eyes. Then I can summon said sibling. Here is what I learned:

"At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, I am about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, I'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling my weight and adding inches to my length. My lower limbs are much more developed now. My head is more erect than it has been, and my eyes have moved toward the front of my head. My ears are close to their final position, too. I'm even growing toenails."

I was a bit nonplussed by that bit of information. It was so, um, impersonal. Like it came right off the internet. So I asked more pointed questions, like, "do your prefer PCs or Macs?" and "are you a boy or a girl?"

But the kid turned on me and started asking me questions, like "why won't you stop headbutting mom in the stomach?" and "why do you need brown bear, brown bear read to you six times a day?"

We are going to have some issues.

PS - speaking of my clairvoyance/summoning powers, please look back and see my post of July 1. I called that Floyd was going to win. Ha. If any of you made any money betting on this, I'd like my cut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until that little one comes out. Barritt, you need to get a complete handle on who's boss before s/he arrives. No more talking back to you with unnecessary questions. James tried to ask me why I keep spending the better part of my day in his face. And I have no obligation to answer.

Barritt and Annabelle said...

That's right, Ellie. There's going to be a strict hierarchy in this house, and while I may be a benevolent dictator, I am the dictator, nonetheless.