Pages

Monday, July 18, 2005

day one-oh-one

OK folks, I know you are eager to hear of my doings. Tomorrow I anticipate there will be new pictures of me with my partner in crime, the aforementioned Bilcon. On Saturday we drove to visit Connor and his parents in the land of the Crimson Tide and the state that I hope will soon be governed by Sir Charles Barkley. There and back in one day, and for those of you who have ever driven that strip of I-20 from Oxford to Birmingham, you know that the ride between Croatia and Serbia in the mid-90's was likely smoother than that cursed strip of blacktop. Nonetheless, the jostling made my senses sharper and gave me the opportunity to think about the trouble Connor and I will get in during various holiday vacations in the decade between 2010 and 2019, and to consider whether or not George Hincapie should be the leader of the Discovery Channel Team next year.

At any rate, kudos to Big George for winning his first stage of Le Grand Tour, a feat not unlike me rolling over 3 times in as many minutes this morning.

0 comments: