Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of School

Today was B's first day of school. There were no tears, his or mine, at drop off and he seemed to have a great time. He was most excited about the kid-sized yogurt cup we packed in his lunch box and something they sang called "The Quiet Song." All I can get out of him is that it goes "shhhhh, shhhhh, shhhh."

The only downside so far is that he was too keyed up for his nap once we got home. Once I gave up and went to get him, he started DEMANDING to watch Blues Clues, which we've never watched at home before. Soon he'll be asking for a perm and jeans with zippers at the ankle....no, that was me.


Clearly, I've just eliminated myself from the "cool mom" category, but click on the button for some fun back to school shopping.
As Seen at Cool Mom Picks


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Madeleine Hays said...

Dear B,

You've inspired me to try not to cry when dad drops me off at daycare. Also, you are very cute.

Robin said...

You would look cute with a perm!

Anonymous said...

ah, zipper bottom jeans. I have no doubt those will be back in stores soon based on what is in Old Navy right now. Serious middle school flashbacks.

Anyway! Glad to hear the first day went well :)