Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005

A few things to look forward to in the week ahead.

1. most important, my first first cousin will likely be born this week. Currently known as Little Baby Dr. Baritt, I anticipate this guy will be pretty extraordinary. Hopefully he will be the perfect combination of his mom's swimming and fashion genes and his dad's capacity to drink Caucasians. I don't know what they will call him - i vote for Jeffrey "the Dude" Barritt. And you know, sometimes first cousins get to be really close. Like my mom and Caitlin, or Jesus and John the Baptist.

2. I anticipate that Savoldelli will be able to hold on to the Maglia Rosa all the way into Milan this weekend, giving Discovery the big Giro win going into the TdF. However, the Little Boy Barritt Super Achiever award goes to Ivan Basso who should have won had he not come down with the Italian equivalent of Montezuma's revenge in those crazy mountain stages. He's recovered now and has ripped the peloton a new one two days in a row. And he's handsome.

3. If you get anxious in my absence, I implore you to check out the activities of the Smithcore (follow the link on the right). Seeing their chickens and pigs will make you rethink your decision to live where you do. Like the sign on the border says, "Maine: the way life ought to be." For more, see http://www.knowledgeplex.org/news/84385.html

0 comments: