Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

day twoseventyfive - croup d'etat

I'm almost over it. My first bout with something that has a name, as opposed to say, 'a runny nose.' I got croup last Thursday. It was terrible. Horrified mom and dad, kept them up all night. The most inhuman noises imaginable were protruding from my swollen larynx. Imagine what R2D2 would sound like with asthma while at the same time barking like a seal. That was me. The doctor put me on 'roids, which agitated me further. I beat up three kids at the nursery at church. I called it 'cleansing the temple,' but the pastor and mom were unconvinced. Nonetheless, my throat swelling went down, and I started sleeping the next night with the help of Walgreen's largest and loudest humidifier. I think we are out of the woods now.

It's going to be 70 degrees in the Classic City today. Perfect baby jogger weather. Perfect road bike weather. Unfortunately, dad is starting back to skool today. Perfect weather for sitting in the library and relearning all the law he forgot in the last month.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

B--
Hope you're feeling better.

I just sent you some of my threads so be on the lookout. Mom says some of them may make you look a little girly. I say down with socialization.

Peace,
Cam