Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

day onetwentytwo

Last week I heard dad come home from work and say: "I had to tell two people that I couldn't fix their laptops. I had to be the one to tell them that their computers were fatally flawed at the hardware level, way beyond the OS, and that they would need to get new ones. I feel like a doctor who lost two patients today." What a drama queen.

Then on Sunday night he came home and said: "Man, after this weekend of filming, I know just how James Gandolfini must feel." I assume this is without the hookers and the cocaine. And while I was falling asleep that night I heard him muttering about what it will be like to accept an emmy for most creative food show from Mariska Hargatay.

While he might be overestimating his own importance in these things, you can have a look at the weekend's doings. http://crucifixins.blogspot.com

Dad starts law school on Friday. Soon mom and I have to start fielding dad's self-directed encomia and panegyrics comparing himself to Johnny Cochrane, Fred Thompson, Alan Dershowitz and F. Lee Bailey. Good Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barritt,
You are on your own to deal with Dad's encomia and panegyrics since I don't know what those words mean. If you ask me, it sounds like someone's gotten into the thesaurus...
Love,
Mom

Barritt and Annabelle said...

Or someone sat in way too many Roman history seminars and lectures on antiquarian literature. At Emory it's not enough to know multiple languages - you have to know almost unusable words in English. Thesaurus. Ha! I hope you are being jocose.

Anonymous said...

Barritt,

I shall henceforth be alert for an opportunity to use these excellent words in a brief or to skewer opposing counsel in oral argument.

Anonymous said...

I checked out the website. For the Gloucester filming, it looks like Mom and Barritt missed out on a romance on the side for Dad.

Is there any room to cook in the kitchen with all those cameras?

Wow, he really does look important.