Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

day twosixtythree and day one

Things are going splendid. Made it through my first Christmas without an inordinate number of pictures taken of me. Right now I'm hanging out at my grandparents' house up Virginia way, waiting eagerly for cousin Connor to get here via the Birmingham redeye. Mind you, that's Birmingham, AL, not UK. Then again, the teeth are equally bad in both places, and it takes an equal amount of time to get here from each place.

So 'day one?' you must be asking. Well, it was Sam Barber's day one just a couple of days ago. (see above) Big brother James is taking it in stride, albeit with a sad face. I don't know if he is just tired with the new baby around, or upset because no one really adheres to the law of primogeniture anymore. I think he'll be OK in the long run.

Lots to look forward to in the coming days.
- First shared bath. I'm thinking this will be with Connor, but I haven't asked yet. Am I being presumptuous?
- First night-time wedding. 2nd cousin Natalie is tying the knot on the eve of Y2K+6.
- First time staying at a hotel named after the head of an animal.
- First time staying at a hotel.
- Getting over my first bout of Montezuma's Revenge a.k.a. the Delhi Belly a.k.a the 'Shoot'n'Toot'. That's the last time I eat at a roadside taco stand in Boone's Mill, VA.

2 comments:

Rick Clark said...

we miss you down hear in Hotlanta. be careful about who you sit next to at the wedding-- those VA girls are known to plan ahead.

Anonymous said...

Dear Grinnin',

You were the hit of the wedding-especially with that line about getting the family picture taken early "so the babies could get to sleep."

Great Uncle Bob-Father of the Bride