Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Day seventeen

I know many of you are hankering for an update. Truth is, things are pretty much the same. I'm still crying at the most opportune times of the night and sleeping most of the day. Given dad's esoteric religious knowledge, he did some tests to see if I was a vampire. This involved mom eating a whole head of garlic immeadiately prior to feeding me. Turns out I'm clean, and I rather enjoyed the anti-oxidants.

Dad and I watched a lot of TV this weekend. Have to admit I was a bit disappointed with Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 on Friday night. I was however happy with Vinokourov's win over Voight in the Liege-Bastogne-Liege on Sunday. I had just been wondering when T-Mobile was going to get its first win of the season. And kudos to Tom Danielson for his first big win in the Tour de Georgia. You've earned your spot on the Giro d'Italia Discovery squad, but judging from my 17 days of experience analyzing pro cycling, I just don't think you are ready for France.

Mom told me last night that my face was getting 'fuller.' Don't pull any punches, mom. Just tell it like it is, OK? The fact is, I like to eat. And while you and dad seem so self-righteous with your 3 sensible meals a day, you can not make me feel guilty for the eight to ten meals a day I am enjoying right now.

0 comments: